Tuesday, May 8, 2012

introducing...


Ivan David Tippey
8 lbs., 10 oz.

Turns out, c-sections aren't so easy...
but of course, as it also turns out, he's totally worth it. 

We're busy trying to figure out how to take care of our precious baby as well as get back into normal life. My advice (after only a week at this)? Marry an amazing man (who has chosen to take a month off from research), have your amazing mom come for a visit (that will seem all-to-short), and be part of an amazing Christian community (that looks for all different kinds of way to encourage and serve you). 

p.s. see more pictures on my flickr page!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see the pics! You're right it is amazing when the new daddy has time off when the baby comes. I was so thankful Dennis was off for the summer when Esther Rose was born. A perk to C-sections that I discovered is that is super easy to answer the inevitable "how did I get out of you?" question. My girl thinks that babies are born when the doctor cuts the momma's belly and takes out the baby!! (we will eventually have to have more info, but it works for now :) ). Praying that you continue to have a good recovery. Give that sweet little boy a hug and kiss from me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so excited to see everyone is so healthy and happy! C-sections are harder after laboring, easier when you just go in all smiles with hair and make-up done... just in case you need that information for the future. :) Thanks for posting the flicker page so I could see how you looked at the end of your pregnancy! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete